Wilson Environmental Contracting
Company. Daniel Wilson is the President and founder of Wilson Environmental Contracting, a fully licensed, bonded and insured California corporation. He has 22 years academic and professional experience working with natural landscapes and their associated plants and animals, throughout California. Established in 2000, WilsonEnv holds a California Landscape (C-27) contractors license in perfect standing. WilsonEnv is based out of the City of Santa Barbara, with recent and current projects throughout Santa Barbara, Ventura and Los Angeles Counties. A Triple A (AAA) Accredited Business with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), WilsonEnv pays a living wage and maintains Worker's Comp and appropriate insurance policies. He lives in Santa Barbara with his wife and new son.
Public Speaking & Seminars. Speaking and presenting at various events throughout California, Daniel is a featured seminar presenter at the Western Landscape National Expo the last four years in a row (2008-2011). The three classes presented include "Landscaping with Drought Tolerant Plantings," "CA Legal Greywater Systems," and "Rainwater Harvesting: Passive & Active Systems, Design, Install and Use." He will speak Spring 2012 at the new Western Landscape Architects Show (April 2012). Additionally, Daniel was one of the Metropolitan Water District (MWD) of Southern California's Educational Consultants to represent the District by teaching homeowners and professionals alike about landscape improvements with water conservation (2008-2010). While the program was funded, he taught throughout Southern California. Daniel's teaching includes seminars with SBCC and Continuing Education classes (Construction Academy), SBCC Center for Sustainability, Santa Barbara Contractor's Association, The Sustainability Project, The SB Men's Garden Club, the Horticultural Society of Santa Barbara and the Camrosa Water District.
Teaching. Recently instructing for the Environmental Horticulture Department at Santa Barbara City College, Daniel taught both the Landscape Construction (EH105) and the Irrigation Technology (EH103) courses. This included extensive lecture and laboratory (field) components (2007-2009).
Public Service. Daniel’s public service includes serving nine years as the Public-at-Large representative on the advisory committee to the City of SB’s Creek Restoration and Water Quality Improvement Program (Creeks Division). He was also appointed to the Lower Mission Creek Technical Design Committee and the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Committee as a liaison.
Continuing Education. In addition to the following earned degrees and licenses, Daniel continues to increase his knowledge with continuing education on all facets of specific technical trades and business management, ensuring that he is proficient with cutting edge technologies and innovations. A partial list of his education includes:
- Certified State of California WATER MANAGER, CA Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA), 2011.
- Accredited Professional, America Rainwater Catchment Systems Association (ARCSA), 2011.
- Train the Trainer, Surfrider Ocean Friendly Gardens (OFG) Program, 2011.
- Certified Green Gardner, City of Santa Barbara, 2008.
- Master of Environmental Science & Management (MESM), BioGeoChemistry emphasis. Bren School of Environmental Science & Management, UCSB, 1998.
- Bachelors in Biological Sciences, Aquatic emphasis. University of California at Santa Barbara, 1994.
- Firescape Landscape Certification, Fire Safe Council, 2006.
- Pervious Concrete Installation Certification, International Portland Cement Association (IPCA), 2007.
- Green Gardener. City of Santa Barbara, 2006.
- Gas Main Pipe Butt Fusion Installation Certification. Ewing, 2007